A newly created role that allows you to put your stamp on a position that has both global and local remits. Effect and implement change with a new senior leadership team on a legacy site, whilst reporting to a Global Supply Chain Lead. This is an opportunity to impact sourcing, buying, planning, logistics, and import/export.
BASIC SALARY: £55,000 – £60,000
· £5,000 – £6,000 bonus,
· £7,700 car payment,
· 7% Matched Pension,
· Private Healthcare,
· 25 days holiday + stats.
Location – Manchester
Commutable locations: Liverpool, Leeds, Blackburn, Bolton, Chester
Overview – The primary focus of the Supply Chain Manager is to assess where we can improve our sourcing options and SLAs across the site’s supply chain, whilst being mindful that we are a global business operating with a matrix environment.
Reporting to the Global S&OP Lead with a dotted line to the Site Lead, overseeing 5 direct reports (further 10 indirect), across logistics, planning, buying, and warehouse. Striving for supply chain best practices and processes including S&OP, logistics, import/export, and supplier management, you’ll also be responsible for:
· Working with Global Category Managers in the management of the tier 1 strategic vendors.
· The site supply chain SAP information, ensuring accuracy and completion in line with Group requirements.
· The supply chain elements of the budget and forecasting activities, and for all site supply chain reporting.
· Assessing how to get the best value out of the current procurement relationships and where needed, ensure supplier variation and contingency options.
· Drive through and deliver year-on-year savings in terms of the site and Company P&L, net working capital, and supply chain optimisation.
Person Requirements – Ideally you will be a qualified and rounded supply chain specialist with a keen focus on best practice, holding either CIPs/MCIPs or the equivalent, looking for the next step in your career with a leading manufacturer. The ideal candidate would demonstrate the following:
· Qualified Purchasing/Supply Chain Managers with experience in overseeing a team (min 8).
· Strong background of international supply chain management, import/export, logistics, and procurement.
· Proven ability in the development and implementation of supply chain tools & practices (SLA’s contracts etc).
· A proven track record of cost savings and business improvements but not at the cost of quality.
· Manufacturing experience from industrial components or consumables, which could be chemicals, adhesives, electronics, lubricants, abrasives, coatings, packaging, labels etc.
As part of a Global billion-dollar business, our reach spans 5 continents. We are a leading player in industrial consumable manufacturing. This site manufactures/converts a number of adhesive products for use across all industries, with £40m turnover and 100 employees, we take pride in producing high-quality products and are committed to excellence, sustainability, and the well-being of our employees.
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: MT17491 Wallace hind Selection Ltd